The Master of Science in Energy Engineering at the Free University of Bozen-Bolzano is a multi-university master programme, jointly managed by the Faculty of Science and Technology of the Free University of Bozen-Bolzano and the Department of Civil, Environmental and Mechanical Engineering of the University of Trento.
This Master of Science in Energy Engineering is the result of the increasing spreading of technologies connected with the spread generation and the optimized management of energy and the consequent increasing demand of engineers able to develop and propose efficient and innovative technological solutions to deal with the issues deriving from the progressive depletion of fossil non-renewable sources and the environmental impacts due to the use of energy. The course contents focuses on the issues of energy efficiency in buildings and in productive cycles, the energy production from middle-small sized plants of renewable sources, which have a reduced environmental impact and serve customers in the surrounding areas.
The course aims at training experts able to deal with the various aspects of planning, implementing and managing the integrated energy systems, such as:
- production plants supplied from renewable sources
- low energy consumption buildings
- networks able to transport electric and thermic energy from the production site to the local consumption sites.
Energy engineers work as independent professionals or in public and private companies, industries of the energetic and thermo-energetic sectors and public and private utilities. Graduates might be admitted to PhD programmes in the field.
Well prepared and ready for the job market. On the website of Alma Laurea you can check statistical data about graduates’ satisfaction and their employability.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses Included:
- Hydropower and wind power Systems
- Advanced Materials for Energy Engineering
- Electrical Systems Engineering
- Applied Mechanics and Technologies for Energy Efficiency
- Building HVAC Systems
- Tedesco Tecnico/Technisches Deutsch
- Fluid Machines Engineering
- Environmental Fluid Mechanics / Hydropower Plants
- Mechanics and Structural Design for Energy Engineering
- Electric Power Conversion Equipment
- Italiano Tecnico/Technisches Italienisch
- Advanced Applications of Building Physics
- Engineering Thermodynamics, Heat and Mass Transfer
- Power Production, CHP and District Heating Systems
- Special Issues of Building Physics
- Electrochemical energy storage and conversion
- District heating systems design
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Early Bird (for EU and non-EU citizens): 2 March - 28 April
Late Application (for EU citizens only): 20 May - 31 August
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering Sustainable Energy View 11 other Masters in Energy & Power Engineering in Italy
- You are required to prove your knowledge in at least two of the teaching languages (English B2 and German or Italian A1 level).
- Previous degree (70%) and admission interview (30%).
International1350 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1350 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA1350 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1350 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.