The aim of the International Economics and Economic Policy programme offered by Goethe University Frankfurt is to provide students with analytical, economic and quantitative skills and knowledge for challenging careers in the field of economic analysis, e.g. as is required for leading positions in ministries, associations, international organisations and enterprises, but also in development co-operation.
In addition to applied econometrics and micro and macroeconomics, the programme provides in-depth knowledge of international economic policy and globalisation.
The focus is on economic, micro and macroeconomic topics with a strong international correlation (international relations in trade and development, monetary and fiscal policy).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of Microeconomics
- Fundamentals of Macroeconomics
- Fundamentals of Econometrics
- Public Policy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics International Relations View 32 other Masters in International Relations in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics or an equivalent national or international degree in the same or a similar programme;
- Letter of motivation in English Language (up to 750 words)
- If you have not yet completed your bachelor’s degree (or equivalent), you can apply for the program if you have received at least 80% of the CP required for graduation (e.g. 144 CP in a normal 180 CP bachelor’s program).
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Semester fee: 369 EUR
Living costs for Frankfurt am Main
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.