The major objective of the Interdisciplinary Neuroscience programme offered by Goethe University Frankfurt is to provide to talented students a highly research-oriented training that will provide them with a broad overview of the most relevant fields of neuroscience, including basic neuroscience, clinical neuroscience, cognitive neuroscience and computational neuroscience. This also includes relevant practical skills.
A major characteristic comprises the optional training in clinical neuroscience that will familiarise students with neuropathology and aspects of neurology and will provide them with hands on information on current technical approaches applied in clinical research.
You do not require previous intensive training in neuroscience. However, solid background knowledge in the field of neuroscience is essential for following the courses. This includes the principal education in laboratory techniques, particularly in cell biological bench work. As the programme is an interdisciplinary one, we invite applications from students from various fields. These include biology and medicine but also biochemistry, chemistry, physics, informatics and psychology. The programme aims at fostering interactions between students and between students and lecturers from the various disciplines.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Auditory Neuroscience
- Neurobiology of the Nematode Caenorhabditis elegans
- Cellular Physiology of Dopaminergic Neurons
- Neurophysiology and Behaviour
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNeuroscience Biochemistry View 50 other Masters in Biochemistry in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants (national and international students) must hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a biomedical, bioscience, other natural sciences, mathematical or psychological field.
- In case the required degree has not been awarded by the time of application, you can still apply if you provide:
- Proof of matriculation
- A detailed certificate of the present status of your studies and the anticipated date of completion of the bachelor program.
- In addition you must have achieved 130 credit points in the bachelor program.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Semester fee: 369 EUR
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.