The Financial Analyst programme offered by the National Research University - Higher School of Economics (HSE) designed for young specialists looking to obtain new knowledge in the fields of investment and financial analysis, as well as gain familiarity with best global practices as presented by the CFA Institute.
Founded in 1995 as a structural division of HSE, the Banking Institute has offered a wide range of graduate and post-graduate programmes in the fields of banking, finance, investment, management, and law over the years. These have included special corporate programmes for governmental agencies, private companies, commercial banks, and the Central Bank of the Russian Federation, as well as more than 50 customized programmes and short-term courses.
About future profession
While large-scale digitalization has automated many financial processes and accelerated complex calculations, specialists are still required for high quality analysis. The important Financial analyst functions are:
- To help to improve financial management,
- To manage risks,
- To offer investment options,
- To secure resources for development,
- To provide qualitative and quantitative assessment at the micro and macro levels.
Graduates of the program are well equipped for careers at Russian and international banks, investment funds, rating agencies, consulting groups, audit companies and other financial institutions. Among the many well-known organizations employing program alumni are Alfa Bank, Bloomberg L.P., BNP Paribas, the Central Bank of Russia, KPMG, PwC, Renaissance Capital, Russian Railways, Sberbank, Thompson Reuters, and the World Bank.
You will enjoy access to the Alumni Club where the information on open positions at these and many other well-known organizations is regularly posted and updated.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourse included:
- Quantitative Methods in Economics
- Corporate Finance
- Macroeconomics (Advanced Level)
- International Economics
- Monetary Economics
- Research Seminar "Current Problems of the Financial Analysis"
- Company and Business Evaluation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Nov 1-Aug 14: online applications may be submitted for preliminary selection; online (and in-person) candidate interviews will be held with programme teams
- Aug 14- Aug 28: submission of all supporting documents
- Aug 28: Deadline for signing agreements and enrollment forms
- Sept 1: Classes starting date depends on the choosen programme
- Dates apply to Moscow programmes only.
- Please note that some programmes begin on October 1.
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Management, Organisation & Leadership View 13 other Masters in Finance in Russia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
International prospective students applying for Master's programmes at HSE University can now get a jump start on the admissions process and get a sense of their chances of being accepted to HSE. There is no need to wait till summer or to come to Moscow.
- Master's programmes in nine faculties, including the Faculty of Economic Sciences, the Faculty of Social Sciences, the Faculty of Communications, Media and Design, the Faculty of Computer Science, the Faculty of Humanities, the Faculty of World Economy and International Affairs, the Faculty of Business and Management, the Institute of Demography and the Banking Institute, will conduct a preliminary online assessment of portfolios and hold online interviews. This will be particularly useful for those who wish to receive direct feedback from the programmes.
- The only thing you have to do is to sign up for a preliminary interview and portfolio evaluation.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International5664 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5664 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- 400 000 RUB
International students can apply to study at HSE for free through full-tuition scholarships. This merit-based scholarship will completely waive all tuition fees for selected full-degree Master's programmes at HSE.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.