Equip yourself with critical tools for cultural analysis of contemporary image and text-based media.
Why study with us?
- Interdisciplinary programme that is run in collaboration with the Estonian Academy of Arts. The faculty is comprised of renowned experts in literature, art, film and visual culture.
- Seminar-led courses that foster an active debating and discussing environment.
- Individual approach to students that provides a supportive learning environment and offers the opportunity to follow personal research interests from an early stage of studies.
- International study groups with students from all over the world. The diverse cultural backgrounds of the students contribute to the spirit of comparative study of culture.
- Research-centred programme - possibility for further studies at PhD level.
- Open to students from all disciplines in the humanities and social sciences.
- Students can apply for study fee reduction based on their study results.
Graduate career options
Graduates of the Literature, Visual Culture and Film Studies course at Tallinn University will be equipped to work in any area that requires excellent skills in critical thinking, visual analysis and writing. The prospected career options include research, education, cultural journalism, arts administration, cultural management, museum industry, publishing, cultural diplomacy.
Further study opportunitiesThe graduates will be prepared to continue their studies at PhD level. We help our students to find relevant internship opportunities, so they can explore their interests and preferences even while studying.
- Film Culture
- Digital Culture
- Estonian A1 and Estonian Culture
- Interdisciplinary seminar
- Traineeship Abroad
- Estonian Art in Context
- Estonian Art in Context
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Non-EU/EEA applicants (except applicants from the United Kingdom, Russia, Ukraine, Georgia and Kazakhstan):15 March
- EU/EEA citizens and applicants from the United Kingdom, Russia, Ukraine, Georgia and Kazakhstan:1 June
DisciplinesVisual Arts Film, Photography & Media Literature View 5 other Masters in Visual Arts in Estonia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Tallinn University and/or in Estonia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Completed Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent
- Proof of English Proficiency
- Statement of research interests (1-2 pages)
- Writing sample (an excerpt from either the BA thesis or a paper, 10 pages)
International4800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4800 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA4800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4800 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Tallinn
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.