The Educational Technology programme is an online 1-year programme designed to provide an opportunity for professional development to people who are working in positions that involve teaching and wish to use educational technology more effectively in their work. The programme may prove to be especially useful to people currently working at educational institutions (schools, universities, etc.) who did not have a chance to gain digital technology skills and knowledge during their studies (whether because such technological solutions did not exist yet or were only beginning to emerge).The flexibility of the programme and major focus on e-learning make it especially well-suited to those of you who go to work – whether it be outside of Tartu or in another country.Why Educational Technology?
- UT is ranked in the top 250 universities in the world in education and training (QS Rankings 2020).
- Teamwork is a primary emphasis of the programme, allowing you to advance your collaboration skills and help you develop a global social network. Students have the option to do their MA thesis in a small team.
- The flexible 1-year programmeis almost entirely online, allowing you to continue working in your current job.
- You find practical solutions to challenges in your workplace.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
CurriculumTwo classroom teaching sessions are planned – one week in the beginning of the programme and one at the end. For the rest of the year, studies are online-based – independent teamwork is supported through the Moodle environment, cloud-based solutions and webinars.The studies are also characterised by an innovative approach to the graduation thesis – the MA thesis is done as teamwork in small groups to foster students’ teamwork skills and help them create an international network of alumni for future cooperation.The Educational Technology programme consists of three main parts:
- General: pedagogical approaches – online interactive lectures and seminars
- Technical: practical coursework in teams, mentoring of others, seminars
- Evaluation (research) – research design (mainly action research and design-based research), publishing
People who teach in their job (teachers, lecturers, professors, trainers etc.) or people supervising teaching staff.
Emanuele Bardone, Programme Director
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApply anytime.
- Exams and graduation only
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesEducation Pedagogy Teaching View 4 other Masters in Education in Estonia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- 4-year bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification (240 ECTS) or a master’s degree or equivalent qualification
- English language proficiency
- Applicants are required to have at least 2-year teaching experience or experience in advising/guiding teaching staff, including current employment in the aforementioned positions.
Applicants are required to have at least 2-year teaching experience or experience in advising/guiding teaching staff, including current employment in the aforementioned positions.
You need to have an access to a computer with speakers and internet to complete online courses.
International3800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3800 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
National3800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3800 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
Tuition waivers are available for the best applicants.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.