This in turn will allow them to find creative approaches to problem solving and predict the political and social consequences of economic activity.
At least 56 credits must be earned in the area selected. Each specialisation area includes core courses that must be taken by all students and optional courses from which they may choose.
This programme in Economics at Friedrich Schiller University Jena can be completed in two years of full-time study. It includes basic courses, a specialisation area, and a Master's thesis
The Master's thesis must be written in the student's specialisation area and should focus on one of the faculty's primary research topics.
- After graduating from this programme, students will be prepared for a variety of jobs and fields of work, including leading or advisory positions in banking, corporations, universities and research institutes, ministries, and private foundations.
- Advanced Macroeconomics
- Money and Financial Markets
- Monetary and Fiscal Policy
- Growth and Innovation
- International Trade
- Topics in Behavioral Economics
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Registration form
- Motivation letter
- University entrance qualification certificate
- Previous university degrees earned
- Detailed transcript of records
- Proof of relevant work experience
- Proof of subject-specific practical experience
- Proof of language proficiency
- Proof of achievements during your previous study programme and choice of specialisation
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
- Semester contribution € 256
Living costs for Jena
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.