The study program in Advanced Engineering Materials from the Technical University of Ostrava focuses on the materials and their properties, on the relationship between materials properties and their structure, on the possibilities of further materials processing and on the various methods of testing the material properties.
Laboratories that provide training for the study program have laboratories that can stand comparison with top-class workplaces in advanced countries. Students can participate in the solution of industrial problems already during their studies. The study program offers an exceptionally good perspective from the point of view of the labor market.
Graduates will find a wide range of jobs in engineering, metallurgical, automotive industry, in companies oriented to the production and/or processing of polymer materials, ceramics, etc. as highly qualified experts for solving a wide range of materials problems, e.g. as technologists, managers, etc. Graduates can also find employment in institutions dealing with research and development in the field of materials.
Graduate's skillsGraduates are able independently and creatively:
- To perform a comprehensive analysis of materials, their production technologies, utility properties, etc.; to analyze and evaluate existing technical solutions in the field of materials and also propose new solutions.
- To perform advanced design (selection) of engineering materials for given conditions of use (mechanical loading, external environment, etc.).
- To propose appropriate kinds of tests to evaluate properties of materials and methods for evaluation of structure characteristics, to interpret testing results competently and to carry out some kinds of tests by themselves.
- To perform demanding expertise in the field of materials engineering.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Phase Transformations
- Solid state physics
- Powder Metallurgy
- Applied Mechanics
- Physical Metallurgy
- Fracture mechanics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering View 3 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in Czech Republic
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- e-Application form
- Copies of graduation certificates (Diploma and Diploma Supplement or Transcript of Records)
- Recognition document of graduation certificate - official document to say that the degree is recognized in the Czech Republic
- Payment of Registration Fee 500 CZK per 1 study programme, it is non-refundable.
- Valid visa and passport.
International4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.