Features of the Biology, Conservation Biology programme from Lund University:
- Global and regional aspects of biodiversity and restoration ecology
- Population ecology as a tool in practical conservation biology
- Analytical methods in conservation biology
- Close connections to research in an international environment
Career Prospects:Conservation biology professionals are needed and employed by a diverse range of governmental and non-governmental organisations in addition to private consultancies and research agencies. The Master's programme also provides a foundation for continued studies at doctoral level.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Population and Community Ecology
- Conservation Biology
- Biological Monitoring/Water Management
- Evolutionary Animal Ecology
- Modelling Biological Systems
- Processing and Analysis of Biological Data
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Biodiversity & Conservation Genetics View 55 other Masters in Biology in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Lund University and/or in Sweden, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Bachelor's degree of at least 180 credits, of which 90 credits must be in science, including 5 credits in statistics and 60 credits in biology comprising cell biology, genetics, microbiology, ecology, botany and zoology, or the equivalent. Proficiency in English equivalent to English 6/B from Swedish upper-secondary school.
- Based on grades awarded for previous academic courses, as well as a statement of purpose for the application and qualifications from research/work of relevance to the study programme (from the applicant s Summary sheet ).
International13178 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26356 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
SEK 290 000
Living costs for Lund
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
The Lund University Global Scholarship programme is a merit-based and selective scholarship targeted at top academic students from countries outside the EU/EEA.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.