Become a leader with this 4X award-winning and CPHR-accredited program that distinguishes itself from other academic competitors by layering traditional elements of human resource management with a heavy emphasis on leadership, concrete business tools, and effective communication tools.
Further, students will have the opportunity to obtain their WHMIS certification through the Managing Occupational Health, Safety, and Environment course Graduates of this Human Resource Management program at University of Winnipeg will attain both a Human Resource Management Diploma, a Management Certificate, WHMIS certification and upon graduate become eligible for their CPHR designation.
- Work in a variety of human resource positions and be able to assume greater levels of responsibility as they grow in their human resource capability.
- Understand and comply with the employer's legislative and legal obligations including workplace health and safety regulation, WHMIS legislation, the Worker's Compensation Act, payroll compliance legislation, and employment standards.
- Conduct organizational needs assessments, analyze and modify organizational staff development plans and develop effective recruitment strategies to attract talent that satisfies the organizational objectives.
- Foster a work environment that promotes productivity and employee satisfaction
- Evaluate performance and communicate performance issues in a manner that encourages responsible and corrective action and manage disciplinary action proactively and thoroughly.
- Understand the elements of a total compensation package that align with an organizational recruitment and retention strategy, develop compensation policies and procedures, procure benefits, and analyze employee and organizational pension requirements.
- Exercise sound financial decision-making and budgeting skills
- Write the Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP) Knowledge-Based Exam
- Human Resource Coordinator
- Human Resource Director
- Payroll Administrator
- Payroll Manager
- Employment Equity Officer
- Change Management Coordinator
- Benefits Coordinator
- Benefits Administrator
- Compensation Manager
- Safety Officer
- Corporate Trainer
- Corporate Recruiter
HR Program officially accredited by CPHR Manitoba
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Business Fundamentals
- Canadian Payroll Association: Payroll Compliance Legislation
- Case Studies in Human Resource Management
- Collective Bargaining
- Compensation & Benefits
- Creating Inclusive Workplaces : Accessibility to Accommodation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Human Resource Management View 25 other Masters in Human Resource Management in Canada
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Students applying to The University of Winnipeg PACE during the COVID-19 pandemic, may use the Duolingo English Test with a minimum score of 120 with a minimum Production score of 100 for applications to our 2021 programs.
- International students are required to hold a minimum of an undergraduate degree
- The Cumulative GPA, or Final Percentage, on these transcripts will be assessed for eligibility.
- English proficiency
Human Resource Management Diploma applicants must have a minimum of one year of professional work experience.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International19115 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19115 CAD for the full programme during 12 months.
National12300 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12300 CAD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Winnipeg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Students attending programs at PACE are eligible for many funding possibilities such as bursaries, scholarships, government student aid, lines of credit, and sponsorship.
Financial Aid is administered by the Awards and Financial Aid Office, which supports the access and excellence mandate of The University of Winnipeg through a comprehensive program of scholarships, awards, prizes and bursaries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.