Machine learning is one of the strong points of Aalto University. This solid education in modern computational data analysis gives you excellent opportunities for a career in research institutions or in the private sector in the rapidly developing fields of machine learning, data science, and artificial intelligence.
The methods of machine learning and data mining are applicable and needed in a wide variety of fields ranging from process industry to data science. Recent spearhead application areas include
- computational astrophysics, biology, and medicine,
- interactive technologies,
- information retrieval,
- information visualization,
- neuroinformatics, and
- social-network analysis.
The major in Computer, Communication and Information Sciences - Machine Learning, Data Science and Artificial Intelligence from Aalto University covers a wide range of topics in modern computational data analysis and modelling methodologies.
The graduates of the Macadamia major have an excellent background for pursuing an academic career within the fields of machine learning, data science and artificial intelligence, as well as in the industry applying those techniques.
Typical job titles of recent graduates include Analyst, Analytics Engineer, Data Analyst, Data Scientist, DevOps Engineer, Machine Learning Software Engineer, PhD student, Research Assistant, Software Developer, Software Engineer.
Examples of companies our recently graduated alumni work for: Accenture, Aureus Analytics, Discover Financial Services, Elsevier, Jongla, Omniata Inc, Sanoma, Verto Analytics.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Machine Learning: Basic Principles
- Bayesian Data Analysis
- Deep Learning
- Machine Learning: Advanced Probabilistic Methods
- Algorithmic Methods of Data Mining
- Kernel Methods in Machine Learning
- Research Project in Machine Learning and Data Science
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Artificial Intelligence Machine Learning View 48 other Masters in Computer Sciences in Finland
- Admission criteria to the programme is a high quality Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, communications engineering, or electrical engineering.
- Excellent candidates with degrees in other fields such as information systems, engineering, natural sciences, mathematics or physics will be considered if they have sufficient studies and proven skills and knowledge in the required areas.
Required background for the Machine Learning, Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (Macadamia) major includes sufficient skills in:
- mathematics (particularly important are linear algebra, calculus, probability theory)
- computer science (in particular good programming skills, data structures and algorithms)
International15000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.