In the Advanced Materials for Innovation and Sustainability (EIT Raw Materials) programme from Aalto University, students will acquire an understanding of the full raw materials value chain and create a mindset for innovation and entrepreneurship focusing on sustainability.
Europe is amongst the world leaders in Materials Science. Statistics clearly point out that there is a strong need for highly trained engineers and researchers to work in this field.
Career options for the AMIS graduates include:
- Academic career: scientist with high commercialization awareness, knowledge, and competences; someone who is aware of what is the value proposition and who is the customer and user of their scientific research; someone who can communicate effectively the commercial value of their scientific research.
- Employment in a company operating in the field of raw materials: expert employee or manager whose actions and decisions influence the innovation output, value creation, and performance of the company (R&D, New Business Development functions).
More informationVisit official programme website
- Venture Ideation
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship Minor
- Innovation and entrepreneurial approach to materials and technology
- Experimental methods in physics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Innovation Management Sustainable Energy View 7 other Masters in Innovation Management in Finland
- Successful applicants should hold a Bachelor degree in Science or Technology or Engineering (Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science) or its equivalent from an internationally recognised higher education institution that is an official and recognised part of the national education system, and can be found on an official list or in an international handbook that is completed by some international organisation (e.g. UNESCO).
- The students in their final year of undergraduate education may be admitted on the condition that their bachelor degree will be awarded before they enrol, respecting the university specific deadlines.
International8000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA1000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.