Are you looking forward to a future as an expert in Agricultural, Environmental and Resource Economics? Upon graduating from the Master's Programme in Agricultural, Environmental and Resource Economics from University of Helsinki, you will be a professional in applied economics in agricultural, environmental and resource-focused fields.
You will be well versed in topics such as climate policy, sustainable agriculture and food security.
The Master's programme comprises two study tracks:
- Agricultural Economics
- Environmental and Resource Economics
As a graduate of the study track in agricultural economics, you will have the ability to:
- Be an expert in business management and economics with knowledge of the special features of agriculture, rural enterprises, the food market and related policies
- Apply economic and management theories and appropriate methodologies, such as econometrics, numerical modelling to issues in the field
As a graduate of the study track in environmental and resource economics, you will have the ability to:
- Identify the socio-economic drivers of natural resource use and environmental degradation
- Analyse the effects of policies on the environment and on natural resource usage
- Formulate recommendations to support decision-making in both the public and private sectors
- Apply microeconomic theory and quantitative methods (econometrics, analytical and numerical dynamic modelling, and game theory).
Upon graduating, you can find employment in the national or international market, for example at universities, research institutes, the public sector or in business, or you can become a self-employed entrepreneur.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Academic Writing
- Mathematics for economists
- Mathematics for AGERE students
- Mandatory for ERE, voluntary for AGE
- Microeconomics for AGERE students
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Agriculture Environmental Sciences View 4 other Masters in Agriculture in Finland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Eligibility to apply for a master's programme requires an applicable bachelor's degree or other equivalent qualification.
International15000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Helsinki
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.