The Photography and Image Making programme of Paris College of Art explores digital image-making as a force and it is designed as a practice-based and process-oriented program. Based on the intersection of visual phenomena, new media, critical studies, and creative production, the program offers a unique blend of studio practice, and theoretical and art historical training. Students who pursue the program at Paris College of Art have the potential for connection-building while they are still in the program.
At PCA, students can complete either a Masters of Art (MA) or a Masters of Fine Arts (MFA) in Photography and Image Making. The first two semesters (fall and spring) of these programs follow a common curriculum. MFA students continue for two semesters of study in the following academic year (fall and spring) to receive the MFA degree.
Students with an undergraduate background in photography and demonstrated technical skills (black & white and color photography, digital photography, lighting techniques, common software programs for editing) will be considered for admission.
The program combines technical knowledge and principles of photography and image-making research and theory. Studio classes and workshops conducted by professionals emphasize the mastery of contemporary techniques and professional practices, while theory-based and methodology courses help students develop their personal creative visions. Thanks to internships during the photo events held in Paris several times a year and ongoing partnerships between PCA and relevant Parisian institutions, students will be well prepared to enter the job market and will have started to create a professional network by the time they graduate.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Contemporary Issues I
- Seminar l: Portfolio Development
- Introduction to Research & Methodology
- Digital Lab l: Video
- Digital Lab II: Photo
- Intermediate Research & Methodology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media View 11 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in France
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A prospective student’s potential for artistic achievement is one of the most important criteria in evaluating candidates for admission. PCA students work with high level professionals in their chosen field of study, and a level of maturity and autonomy is expected of our students.
- English proficiency is a requirement, but we seek to serve an international student body where no one national group is dominant in numbers. We also care deeply about the sense of community that an institution of PCA’s size is able to offer, and respectful collaboration and teamwork are important values at PCA.
International28400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 28400 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA14200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14200 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.