The Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies programme at the University of London provides a solid legal, practical and theoretical understanding of refugee protection and forced migration.
You will become more independent in managing and critiquing law, policy and practice, and also in gathering, organising and deploying evidence to form balanced judgements and develop policy recommendations.Modes of study: Online
This MA is designed for anyone who wishes to pursue careers in a range of professional contexts in the refugee, human rights or humanitarian fields. By combining your studies with your existing commitments, you will be able to maintain your career momentum.
Potential employers include international agencies, such as the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) and the International Organization for Migration (IOM), governmental bodies and non-governmental organisations.
What do employers think of our graduates?
In some countries, qualifications earned by distance and flexible learning may not be recognised by certain authorities or regulators for the purposes of public sector employment or further study. We advise you to explore the local recognition status before you register, even if you plan to receive support from a local teaching institution.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Protecting human rights, refugees and displaced persons in international law
- Asylum law in Europe: towards regional harmonisation of international protection
- Asylum and refugees in Africa and Latin America: regional models for refugee protection in the global south
- Internal displacement in law and policy: war and beyond
- Gender, sexual identity and age in the refugee context
- Securing refugee protection in practice
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies International Relations International Development View 35 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United Kingdom
- You need an undergraduate degree (e.g. bachelor) that is comparable to a UK upper second class honours degree. You can still apply without this, and we will consider each application on its merits
International4420 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8841 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEA4420 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8841 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.