As a student on the Applied Theatre programme, you will:
- Gain knowledge of theatre in extensive applied, community and drama education settings, in the UK and globally
- Combine theory and practice in exploring how theatre can change lives
- Offers industry placements globally
Key features of the programme
Key features of the MA Applied Theatre offered by The Royal Central School of Speech and Drama are:
- exploration of theatre work in specific settings;
- key practices in applied theatre;
- a theoretical engagement with new ideas in the field;
- project-based study examining specific professional work with a varied range of client groups;
- or specialising in working with people whose lives have been affected by the criminal justice system.
- Drama in the Community
- Drama Education or Drama and the Criminal Justice System
- Theatre Therapy
- Theatre Development
- Acting and Staging
- Theatre Education
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
There is no formal closing date for direct applications to Central, but you are strongly advised to apply as early as possible.
DisciplinesArt History Theatre & Dance Fine Arts View 217 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- relevant qualifications (e.g. undergraduate degree or equivalent), or professional experience which has prepared you equivalently for advanced study
- evidence of a specific commitment to the course, with an understanding of relevant issues and practices
- evidence of appropriate level of skills/competencies
- evidence of the ability to work in collaboration with colleagues and, where relevant, with external parties
- evidence of a capacity to work at master’s level, for example engaging with complex matters in the field, or demonstrating originality in the application of knowledge.
International21000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.