Benefits of the Advanced Theatre Practice programme at The Royal Central School of Speech and Drama
- Develop experience from extensive workshops with leading professionals, learning to research and extend your own practice, launch a company, make new work, and, on the MA, finally take this to an audience beyond Central
- Extend the roles of performer, director, writer, designer, dramaturg, puppeteer, musician, artist, or creative thinker in new and unexpected ways within a supportive atmosphere of discovery and innovation
- Explore the interdisciplinarity of performer practices, performance composition or scenography, through learning skills, exploring processes and experimenting with techniques. Become involved in web-based technologies and digital media, building on the tradition of theatre making as a communicative medium of exchange, or inspired by the current wave of experimental directors, explore the distinct roles of director or performer working with text in contemporary theatre
- Become involved in new technologies, digital media and virtual techniques or, inspired by the current wave of experimental directors, explore the distinct roles of director, performer, or puppeteer (of object theatre) working with text in contemporary theatre
- Have opportunities to take work made on the course to festivals and events outside the School, for example, Camden People’s Theatre, Istropolitana Projekt (Slovakia), Zlomvaz Festival (Prague), Marathon Festival (Jerusalem), Blalystok Festival (Poland), Edinburgh Fringe Festival, and Prague Quadriennale
- Join a network of distinguished alumni, including winners of Olivier, Total Theatre, Irish Times, Deutsche Bank, Rolex Mentor and Protégée, JMK, Allen Wright, Linbury and Evening Standard Theatre Awards, changing the way we work and think about theatre
- Have excellent opportunities, if undertaking the MFA, to work for an extended period with a number of distinguished external companies. You will be part of a carefully selected group who wish to pool your resources and imagine the theatre of the future.
More informationVisit official programme website
For more information please visit the program website.
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
There is no formal closing date for direct applications
DisciplinesTheatre & Dance View 173 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- a portfolio presentation of about three minutes concentrating mainly on one example of your previous work
- an original, non-verbal performance of any nature, on any subject, which is a maximum of two minutes in length.
International19853 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19853 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9990 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9990 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.