About the course
The Actor Training and Coaching course at The Royal Central School of Speech and Drama does not train actors, but develops a practical understanding of what it is to act, enabling you to work as an actor trainer, coach, theatre practitioner and a director of actors.
- Create approaches through research and practice in training methodologies and through specialist teaching
- Learn pedagogical tools for coaching and teaching actors
- Benefit from wide-reaching placement opportunities.
- how to research, plan and deliver courses
- obtaining knowledge of a wide range of acting methodologies and practices - as well as some movement and voice - in the education and support of actors
- interpersonal skills
- acting and performing
- facilitation, pedagogy and coaching methods
- research skills, both as an individual and through group research; presentation skills and an ability to plan, conduct and critically reflect on your own practice as an actor trainer/practitioner
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
There is no formal closing date for direct applications to Central, but you are strongly advised to apply as early as possible.
Master of Fine Art in Actor Training and Coaching (MFA): 240 credits
DisciplinesArt History Theatre & Dance Fine Arts View 217 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You will normally have a degree or an equivalent qualification in a subject that includes an element of theatre or performance practice; or have a degree and can provide evidence of previous training and experience with performance disciplines; or have a strong acting or actor training background and at least two years’ professional experience in the acting industry. An offer will normally only be made after audition and interview.
- If you are selected for an interview for a place on the Actor Training and Coaching, MA or MFA courses, we will require you to create a short film.
International21000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.