Why this programme
- Statistical analysis and data mining is ranked 2nd in the Top 10 Most In-Demand Hard Skills, Linkedin.
- We work closely with The Data Lab, an internationally leading research and innovation centre in data science. Established with an £11.3 million grant from the Scottish Funding Council, The Data Lab will enable industry, public sector and world-class university researchers to innovate and develop new data science capabilities in a collaborative environment. Its core mission is to generate significant economic, social and scientific value from data. Our students will benefit from a wide range of learning and networking events that connect leading organisations seeking business analytics skills with students looking for exciting opportunities in this field.
- The Data Analytics programme of the University of Glasgow qualifies for the prestigious Data Lab Masters Scholarships available for Scottish/EU students.
- The Statistics Group at Glasgow is a large group, internationally renowned for its research excellence.
- Our expertise spans topics including: biostatistics and statistical genetics; environmental statistics; statistical methodology; statistical modelling and the scholarship of learning and teaching in statistics.
Statistical analysis and data mining is ranked 2nd in the Top 10 Most In-Demand Hard Skills by LinkedIn. Our graduates have an excellent track record of gaining employment in many sectors including medical research, the pharmaceutical industry, finance and government statistical services, while others have continued to a PhD.
- Statistical Inference
- Regression Models
- R Programming
- Programming and Systems Development
- Bayesian Statistics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesStatistics Business Intelligence & Analytics Data Science & Big Data View 212 other Masters in Statistics in United Kingdom
- A first degree equivalent to a UK Upper Second Class Honours degree, normally with a substantial Mathematics component (at least equivalent to Level-1 courses in Mathematics and Level-2 courses in Calculus and Linear Algebra at the University of Glasgow)
- A copy (or copies) of your official degree certificate(s) (if you have already completed your degree)
- A copy (or copies) of your official academic transcript(s), showing full details of subjects studied and grades/marks obtained
- Official English translations of the certificate(s) and transcript(s)
- One reference letter on headed paper
- Evidence of your English language ability (if your first language is not English)
- A copy of the photo page of your passport (Non-EU students only)
International25750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25750 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10950 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Glasgow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.