The Legal or Governance Research Degree Master of Studies offered by the ELGS - European Law and Governance School It is supported by the expansive ELGS International Faculty network of legal and governance scholars and practitioners worldwide, the ELGS’ Partner Universities across Europe and the world, and the EPLO.
While this program encourages mobility and flexibility, students are expected to be devoted full time to their MSt studies. Students that are employed must be able to balance work and study and be able to deliver their thesis within the established time period.
The ELGS MSt program is a modern program of the highest academic standard, which has been designed with flexibility and mobility in mind .The International Faculty Network is comprised of professors and practitioners from throughout the world, which enables students to conduct research on a wide range of topics, in many countries and in roughly 10 languages.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Attend orientation program in mid October at Sounion
- Assigned a Supervisor and Devise Work Program
- Attend classes and conferences as determined by supervisor and meet with supervisor
- Delivery of Thesis
- Thesis Defense
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
The Research Skills taught program will take place late November- early December. Exact dates to be announced.
DisciplinesEuropean Law Legal Studies Political Science View 4 other Masters in Political Science in Greece
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed online Application Form in English
- Photograph and ID (scanned and uploaded)
- Most Recent Academic Record (scanned and uploaded)
- Proof of proficiency of language that thesis will be written in, if non-native speaker
- Personal Statement & Scholarship request if applicable (400-600 words)
- Two Reference Letters (if employed, one must be from current employer)
- Research Proposal 1,000 words
- Two Academic Writing Samples on relevant topic (Master’s thesis accepted)
- Application Fee of 50€ (non-refundable)
International15180 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15180 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA15180 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15180 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Athens
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.