Handling and analyzing very large amounts of data is an urgent problem in many areas of science and industry and requires novel approaches and techniques.
The trend towards "Big Data" is caused by a host of developments: Firstly, the creation and storage of large data sets becomes feasible and economically viable, for example due to price decreases in storage space, sensors, smart devices, social networks and many more.
Which professional opportunities can I take up with this qualification?
- The master’s programs “Mathematics in Data Science” and “Data Engineering and Analytics” at Technical University of Munich offer access to many career opportunities including: research, consulting, IT security, systems design, and data science in industry.
- The respective departments offer Ph.D. positions that are the pathway to a career in research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The program is divided into three areas of study: Data Analysis, Data Engineering and Analytics and Data Engineering. The first area is concerned with fundamentals of understanding and modelling data and the underlying relationships.
- Data Engineering consists of lectures about the construction of systems that perform efficient and scalable data processing, thus enable the methods of Data Analysis on large data sets.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Data Science & Big Data View 19 other Masters in Industrial & Systems Engineering in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit one (1) copy of Official or Provisional Bachelor Degree Certificate (For originals, the document must bear an original round seal; and non-originals, the document must be in a notarised copy format)
- Submit one (1) copy of Official or Provisional Academic Transcript (For originals, the document must bear an original round seal; and non-originals, the document must be in a notarised copy format)
- Submit a total of two (2) Recommendation Letters
- Submit one (1) Letter of Motivation that indicates the reason(s) you are interested in the programme you applied for
- Submit one (1) Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Submit one (1) Passport-sized photograph
- Submit one (1) Passport Biodata Page photocopy
- Akademische Prufstelle (APS) Certificate (Required for all applicants who hold a degree from China, Vietnam, or Mongolia)
- Proof of English Proficiency
International284 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 142 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA284 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 142 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.