This MA Security and Intelligence Studies programme from University of Buckingham is to be seen as a specialist programme but aimed at both those seeking professional skills and those requiring a more general grounding in this subject, placing it within a context that is focused on the field under examination but has some historical and international depth whilst seeking strongly to develop analytical skills within a framework of integrated study.
Security and Intelligence Studies are an important new field in political science but there is also widespread recognition that a good knowledge of how security and intelligence agencies operate; of the environment in which they operate; and of how their products are, and should be, used has become a key component of good and successful governance. Emphasis is placed on relating academic and historical analyses to contemporary problems and policy questions especially in the UK but also to western states in general, using a unique degree of practitioner-led expertise.
Graduates with Security and Intelligence Studies from University of Buckingham will develop the following skills:
- knowledge and understanding of security and intelligence issues
- Critical analysis and assessment of multiple sources
- Academic research
- Debating and teamworking skills to evaluate options and policy recommendations
- Presentation skills across a range of techniques.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Case Studies in Intelligence Success and Failure
- Terrorism and Counter-Terrorism
- Foreign Policy Analysis
- Current Threats: External and Internal
- Intelligence History, Tradecraft and Machinery
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesTerrorism & Security View 123 other Masters in Terrorism & Security in United Kingdom
The minimum entry level required for this course is as follows:
- a first or second-class honours degree from a recognised university or,
- a recognised professional qualification with relevant work experience
International15150 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15150 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8020 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8020 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.