The User Experience and Service Design programme at Loughborough University equips students to become human centred designers within industry, empowered to design socially and environmentally responsible products and services.
The content of the User Experience Design MA programme at Loughborough University will enable you to develop your skills and competencies in both the creative and analytical aspects of UX, whilst working on a diverse range of projects.
This includes the opportunity to design experiences that embed digital in the physical world, take an empathic and systemic world view, and use the opportunities presented by new technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI) and augmented reality (AR) to design compelling product and service experiences.
Organisations beyond the design industry - including management and information technology companies - value the user-centred design skills we teach. Graduates usually pursue careers as user experience designers, interaction designers, user researchers, usability specialists, and service designers. In some cases, graduates go on to careers in research, teaching, or progress onto PhD study.Employment destinations of our recent graduates include IBM Design, IBM iX, Samsung, Next, Dyson, Tencent, Huawei, Baidu, and Pivotal Labs.The MA in User Experience and Service Design is offered alongside a parallel MSc in User Experience Design programme. The key difference is that the MA has a more empathic and broader world-view of user experience design, whereas the MSc is more focused on empirical investigation, data analysis and technologies that can create great user experiences.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Experience Design
- Usability, Principles and Practice
- Design Research Methods
- Design for Behaviour Change
- Design for Inclusivity
- Storytelling and the Digital
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Some programmes fill up quickly, so we recommend that you submit your application as soon as possible so you are not disappointed.
DisciplinesUser Experience Design Web Technologies & Cloud Computing Artificial Intelligence View 201 other Masters in Artificial Intelligence in United Kingdom
- A 2:1 honours degree (or equivalent international qualification).
- All students, of any nationality, who are from a design-related background should provide a portfolio showing examples of work relevant to the MA User Experience and Service Design. This should be around 10 pages long and must demonstrate your current understanding of human centred design, including your design process, the project outcome and how you considered the end user experience. Critical reflection on how you could improve your process and project outcomes is encouraged.
International25450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25450 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
National11400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11400 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
British Marshall Scholarships
- Awards are open to US citizens who are graduates of US universities, to undertake study in any subject leading to a degree at a UK university.
Dean’s Award for Enterprise Scholarship
- The Dean's Award for Enterprise offers 90% off the full cost of tuition fees, for UK, EU and international students with an inspiring business idea.
Loughborough Sports Scholarship
- To support the sporting and academic development of talented student athletes. The level of support varies by sport and performance level.
Academic Excellence Scholarship
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.