You will study in a fashion school led by award-winning designer and ‘queen of prints’ Holly Fulton, whose own label shows regularly at both Hong Kong and London Fashion Week. Under her creative direction, our fashion school produces versatile, creative individuals with a strong sense of personal identity and a considered, contemporary aesthetic, ready to operate within both the commercial and conceptual realms of fashion.
The MA in Fashion - Design at Cambridge School of Visual & Performing Arts is aimed at future fashion designers, but can also prepare you for roles across the fashion industry including pattern-cutting, garment technology, fashion business, fashion and brand management, retail buying and management, product development, visual merchandising, styling, textile design fashion illustration, fashion communications and media.
This programme offers outstanding specialist tuition combined with extensive academic contact and studio access. As a Master’s student you benefit from:
- Studying in a fashion school led by an award-winning contemporary designer and Creative Director.
- Exclusive access to media and industry expertise, workshops and internships through our partners including fashion media innovator Hearst Magazines UK, publisher of titles including Harper’s Bazaar, ELLE and Esquire.
- Expert tuition from industry-active professionals with a passion for teaching.
- Intensive learning experience tailored to your needs and ambitions, with high level of personalised support and 1:1 tutorial time.
- Opportunities for work placements or industry mentoring as part of the course.
- A postgraduate qualification you need to stand out, and get ahead.
- Collaborating with a creative, inter-disciplinary and global postgraduate community.
- Your own iMac, mannequin and studio work space, open every day of the week.
- Access to regular Life Drawing in our dedicated drawing studio.
- A small, supportive and specialist creative arts college in a beautiful, historic and cultural city—a creative hotspot and home to one of the UK’s most dynamic and international student communities.
- Design: Diagnosis & Exploration
- Research Practice
- Concept & Development
- Creative Futures
- Independent Major Project
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesDesign Fashion Design View 72 other Masters in Fashion Design in United Kingdom
- Successfully completed an Undergraduate Degree or equivalent qualification in fashion, fashion design, fashion textiles or a closely related subject.
- CSVPA recognises a wide variety of qualifications and/or relevant experience and encourages applications from all people, with a demonstrable interest and experience in their subject.
- In some cases students may be required to complete a Graduate Diploma.
International21990 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21990 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA12885 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12885 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.