Profile of the TESOL - Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages programme from University of Nicosia :
- To further students’ understanding of English language teaching.
- to develop in the student an understanding of a range of disciplines and areas of professional activity which underpin the field of TESOL and constitute its focus and its concerns;
- to provide students with a solid theoretical foundation and the necessary professional skills in TESOL;
- to equip the students with the linguistic knowledge, cultural understanding, and pedagogical training essential to the various aspects of TESOL;
- to provide theoretical and/or practical support for actual situations within the language classroom,
- to develop students’ skills in critical reading and ability to design a research project,
- to provide the theoretical and/or practical basis required for the study of a doctoral degree.
This is a postgraduate degree that opens many career opportunities. English is the language of global communication, and demand for TESOL professionals worldwide is greater than ever before.
Our graduates can work for universities and other public and private schools, international corporations, governments, and in private practice locally and abroad.
They can teach English to people of all ages and all walks of life, administering and designing ESOL courses and curricula, and developing new teaching methods. The MA TESOL is increasingly the degree of preference for employers both domestically and abroad.
Access to Further Studies:
The graduate programme will provide the basis for acceptance to a doctoral degree in TESOL or Applied Linguistics.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Exploring Language for TESOL
- Second Language Acquisition
- Language Teaching Methods and Course Design
- Language Skills and Materials Development
- Teaching English to Young Learners
- Teaching English for Specific Purposes
- Teaching Grammar
- Research Methods in TESOL
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
Application Deadlines for European and Local Students - Please call the Office of Admissions
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Teaching View 6 other Masters in Languages in Cyprus
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed Application Form
- A copy of your passport (page with your personal details and photo)
- Academic Records (True copy of the original)
- Two Letters of recommendation/reference from professors or employers (for Masters and Doctorate applicants only). Certain programmes have additional requirements
- Curriculum Vitae–CV (for Masters and Doctorate applicants only)
- Personal Statement (for Masters and Doctorate applicants only)
- Evidence of work experience (where applicable)
- Portfolio (for selected programmes of study)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International9240 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13860 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
EU/EEA9060 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13590 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.