Entry to the Clinical Education Programmes is at PG Certificate level. On successful completion of the PG Certificate students may decide to progress to the PG Diploma. On successful completion of the PG Diploma students may decide to progress to the MSc.
The Clinical Education programme at Queen's University Belfast offers participants an opportunity to develop practical teaching skills and acquire the knowledge to underpin their educational practice with Masters level study. The programme will offer you opportunities to review your teaching techniques and includes practical teaching projects.
Whilst you will follow a common menu of face-to-face modules, each module will allow you an opportunity to consider application and implementation to your own teaching practice. Course assignments relate to participants individual practice and work setting. Participants are able to influence their learning by selecting from a range of contemporary issues that are aligned with individual needs or interests.
The course team has experience in Medical and Healthcare Education. Teaching sessions are delivered by Queen’s staff in association with colleagues from the Northern Ireland Medical and Dental Training Agency (NIMDTA).
The clinical education programme will provide graduates with an opportunity to meet the requirements of Dentists and Doctors interested in providing educational support for undergraduate and postgraduate trainees. It will also provide students with the opportunity to promote and foster the skills required to facilitate effective on-the-job learning, to mentor and support learners, to undertake appraisal, and to deliver assessments in the workplace and in simulated environments.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Clinical Teaching
- Supporting and Assessing Students and Trainees
- Methods of Education Enquiry
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Human Medicine View 871 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants for the programme will be required to hold a medical or dental degree. At the time of enrolment applicants must have completed Foundation 2 training or equivalent and must currently be employed in a health care setting or university.
- Applicants must apply for admission to the PG Certificate in Clinical Education initially. On satisfactory completion of the Certificate programme, applicants will then be eligible to progress to the PG Diploma. On satisfactory completion of the Diploma programme, applicants will then be eligible to progress to the Masters in Clinical Education.
International2065 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2065 GBP per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA2065 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2065 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Belfast
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.