Economics (with Thesis) from Eastern Mediterranean University consists of three required core courses ECON 501 Microeconomic Theory, ECON 502 Macroeconomic Theory and Policy, and ECON 503 Econometrics I. In addition, the students must complete five elective courses in economics or a closely related field.
Graduates have a wide area of employment opportunities. Their knowledge and skills in economics as well as their good command of English and computer applications, as well as familiarity with global issues opens up employment opportunities in international organizations, multinational companies and public services and in private businesses.
- Microeconomic Theory
- Macroeconomic Theory and Policy
- Information Technology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Econometrics View 3 other Masters in Economics in Northern Cyprus
- Prospective applicants are required to fill out an application form available at the Registrar's Office, and submit the completed form, together with a letter of reference and an official transcript of all graduate and undergraduate coursework completed up to the time of application.
- A comparative mark/grade table if CGPA on the transcript is not out of 4.00.
- Attested photocopies of diplomas received from a university or equivalent institutions
- Documentation of scores received for English and academic proficiency exams/tests.
- Give details of any grant/scholarships that you have already been awarded
- Statement of Purpose / Intention
- A photocopy of your passport or I.D. card
- Two passport-sized (approx. 6 cm x 5 cm) photographs.
- Candidates are required to submit a document of financial guarantee showing that sufficient funds are available for tuition and living expenses.
International1553 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1553 USD per year during 12 months.
National280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 280 USD per year during 12 months.
- TRNC Students: 2.403 TL
- Turkish Students: 4.383 TL
Living costs for Famagusta
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.