Forestry from Lakehead University Thesis-Based program is a research-oriented degree designed to give graduates a firm foundation in the process of scientific inquiry. Research is often undertaken in one or more of the biophysical forest sciences, but social science research may also be undertaken. Research projects are designed jointly by the student and a faculty member who serves as the student's Faculty Supervisor.
The Course-based Master’s degree (Master’s in Forest Management) emphasizes professional development in forest management, policy, geomatics, and ecology. The degree entails 4 terms of coursework (16 months). Three terms are on campus and one term, comprised of an internship and field school, is off-campus.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Urban Forestry,
- Conservation Ecology,
- Complexity Science,
- Remote Sensing Applications,
- Research Methods II: Experimental Design in Forestry Research,
- Genetics: Natural Variation & Selective Breeding,
- Management and Marketing Strategies,
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 16 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Forestry Environmental Sciences View 61 other Masters in Earth Sciences in Canada
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Our minimum admission requirement for international applicants is 75% or 3.0 on a 4 point Canadian scale, with an accredited university degree equivalent to a Lakehead University 4 year degree.
- We advise all international students to apply early, as admission into our programs is competitive. Should you wish to apply to a thesis program, we strongly advise you to contact a potential supervisor and have your proof of English language proficiency complete.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15332 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7666 CAD per semester during 16 months.
National5388 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2694 CAD per semester during 16 months.
Living costs for Thunder Bay
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.