Join the exciting interdisciplinary scientific community at Lakehead University to pursue an advanced study in the frontiers of environmental engineering! This unique Master of Science in Environmental Engineering program provides a dynamic and unique curriculum to train graduates from engineering and related natural sciences in providing effective solutions to environmental challenges faced by industries and communities. Our research-based masters program encourages exploration of the beauty of science and engineering by providing flexibility, supports, and guidance.
Graduate students in our program benefit from a small class size, friendly working environment, and close supervision of international-caliber faculty members to achieve their dreams.
Our extensive research capabilities are supported by outstanding laboratory facilities, including a centralized instrumentation laboratory. Our faculty members and graduate students conduct cutting-edge research in both fundamental studies and applied science and engineering to address the global environmental issues, such as climate change, water crisis, and energy crisis etc.
Specific topics include:Biorefinery and Bioenergy Production
- Biodiesel, biofuels and biogas productions, lignin and hemicelluloses recovery, purification, and utilization, adsorption, fermentation, flocculation, and membrane separations.
- Characterization, analysis and monitoring and remediation of contaminated sites, including electrokinetic remediation, and design and performance assessment of engineered barriers of waste containment.
- Advanced cements and waste formulations using industrial waste materials and chemical admixtures to reduce the carbon footprint of construction activities.
- Capture of CO2, Adsorption.
- Physically-based modeling in hydrology and hydraulics, applications of advanced soft computing techniques in water resources, climate change impacts, and in-field monitoring, river dynamics, erosion and sedimentation, and hydraulic structures.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Biorefinery and Bioenergy Production
- Geoenvironmental Engineering
- Green Cements
- Greenhouse Gases Reduction
- Water Resource Engineering
- Water and Wastewater Purification
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering View 24 other Masters in Environmental Engineering in Canada
- The candidate must normally hold a four-year degree in the disciplines of Engineering or Natural Science (including, but not restricted to, Biology, Chemistry, Geology, Physics), with at least a 70% average, or equivalent
- A make-up period of study, as recommended by the Engineering Graduate Studies Committee, may be required where the student is deficient in background undergraduate level courses.
- Proficiency in the English language is required
International18000 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9000 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National5388 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2694 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.