The Occupational - Business Psychology programme of University of Worcester is an innovative qualification informed by research at the forefront of both the academic discipline and professional practice. It is open to those students who hold a psychology degree with a Graduate Basis for Chartership (GBC) and is ideal for students wanting to take post-graduate training in order to become Registered Occupational Psychologists.
The MSc Business Psychology is open to students with a non-BPS accredited psychology degree or non-psychology related degree. This offers opportunities for Business Psychologists, personnel managers, human resource managers and managers to engage with the major theories and models of business and occupational psychology taught by experts which can be implemented within their workplace.
- MSc Occupational Psychology is accredited by the British Psychological Society
- Guest speakers from a range of organisations, such as psychometric test publishers, occupational psychology consultancies and independent consultants
- Develop your skill and knowledge through practical consultancy-style tasks, that demonstrate the application of theory and research to practice
- Learn about the work carried out by Occupational/Business Psychologists within organisations and about different psychological approaches to workplace issues
Where could it take you?
Our courses will equip you for employment within a diverse range of organisations. Occupational and Business Psychologists work in training, environments, recruitment, coaching, organisational change, management, consultancy and in academic research and teaching.
Many Occupational/Business Psychologists are employed within the public sector, such as the Police, Civil Service Commission, Department for Work and Pensions, Ministry of Defence, HM Prison Service and the NHS.
Students who have completed our programmes have gone on to work in the following areas:
- PhD study
- Psychometric testing
- Psychology, management or recruitment consultancy
- Human resources
- Health and wellbeing within the NHS
- Management within organisations
The structure and content of the programme allows students to gain skills that are valued by employers and help them to find their chosen career.
- Advanced Research Methods
- Psychological Assessment at Work
- Well-being and Work
- Work Design, Organisational Change and Development
- Leadership Engagement and Motivation
- Learning, Training and Development
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Full-time Occupational Psychology / Part-time Business Psychology : September 18 start
- Part-time Occupational Psychology: September 12start
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Psychology Organisational Behaviour View 89 other Masters in Organisational Behaviour in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The Business Psychology MSc is open to students with a non-psychology related degree, although some elements of psychology or business should have been previously studied.
- The Occupational Psychology MSc is only open to those students who hold a psychology degree with Graduate Basis for Registration (GBC) from the British Psychological Society (BPS).
International14400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14400 GBP per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA7440 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7440 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Worcester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.