Learn to develop solutions to engineering problems that fit the broader aims of transport and planning policy, from academics with an international reputation whose research sets industry standards. This includes studying the principles of transport engineering and data collection and analysis. Other options include:
- Traffic management
- Road geometry and infrastructure
- System dynamics
- Road safety management
- Public transport planning
We have close working relationships with a number of organisations and many employers visit the Institute for Transport Studies each year to interview our students for graduate schemes and other vacancies. We also regularly circulate specific job vacancies to students.
Students of the Transport Planning and Engineering course at University of Leeds are highly sought after and have a good reputation with transport consultants, and may receive a job offer before or shortly after graduation.
The organisations that have advertised and/or recruited directly from us include Arup, Mott MacDonald, AECOM, Capita, Transpennine Express, Transport for London, Pell Frischmann, Leigh Fisher, JMP, Amey and Hyder among many others.
- Shaping Future Transport Systems
- Principles of Transport Modelling
- Transport Data Collection and Analysis
- Principles of Transport Engineering
- Transport Dissertation
- Transport Integrated Project
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We don’t have a specific application deadline, but we recommend you apply as early as possible, especially if you are hoping to apply for a scholarship.
DisciplinesTransport Management Transportation Engineering View 45 other Masters in Transport Management in United Kingdom
- A bachelor degree with a 2:1 (hons) in a related subject such as engineering, environmental science, maths, physics, computing, natural sciences or a quantitative subject.
- Graduates from other disciplines and those with professional qualifications plus experience in the sector will also be considered.
- International students who do not meet the English language requirements for this programme may be able to study our postgraduate pre-sessional English course, to help improve your English language level.
The Institute for Transport Studies offers a range of scholarships for UK, EU and International students.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.