Materials Science is a broad multi-disciplinary area of science that lies at the intersection of physics and chemistry and includes many sub-fields including nanotechnology, electronic materials, surface science, biomaterials and materials characterization.
About this program
An important goal of the Materials Science program is to advance the understanding and prediction of the properties of matter. Such understanding facilitates the design of new materials with particular properties. The development of experimental and theoretical predictive tools applicable to size scales ranging from the molecular to the macroscopic levels is an integral component of the MSc in Materials Science program.
The Materials Science program from University of Ontario Institute of Technology provides both a broad and integrated overview of materials science and the opportunity for in-depth study of a particular problem emphasizing either theory or experimentation under the guidance of a research supervisor and a multi-disciplinary team of faculty.
Programme StructureResearch areas:
- biomaterials and computational nanobiophysics
- carbon-based materials
- corrosion science and oxidation technologies and applications
- computer simulation in nanoscience and renewable energy
- hybrid organic-inorganic materials
- materials for photovoltaics and other energy-related applications
- materials growth and characterization
- nucleic acid-based materials
- proton exchange membrane fuel cell materials and processes
- reinforced composites with superior mechanical properties
- supercritical fluids and materials
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 49 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in Canada
- Hold an honours BSc degree in chemistry, physics or engineering, or hold equivalent qualifications as judged by the admissions committee. This committee is made up of the graduate program directors and one faculty member from each of the two universities (Trent University and the University of Ontario Institute of Technology).
- Minimum overall academic standing of a B (GPA: 3.0 on a 4.3 scale or 73 to 76 per cent), with a minimum B average in the last two full-time years (four semesters) of undergraduate work or equivalent.
International19166 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19166 CAD per year during 24 months.
National7579 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7579 CAD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Oshawa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.