The main aim of the Software Engineering programme of the University of Porto is to promote the excellence in professional qualification in both core and advanced Software Engineering topics, from its theoretical foundations to integrating software technologies inside organisations.
Fields of Specialization
MESW study plan covers the following areas:
- Software Engineering fundamentals and paradigms;
- Software specification, design and construction;
- Security issues in Software Engineering;
- Software understanding, evolution, testing and verification and validation.
- Innovation and entrepreneurship in Software Engineering.
The MESW curriculum is anchored in real world problem solving, through team based software development projects, based on a "learn-by-doing" philosophy. Consequently, MESW provides the industry with highly trained, specialised professionals capable of leading and managing large and complex software engineering projects, guaranteeing high quality standards.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Software Engineering Fundamentals and Paradigms
- Software Architecture and Design
- Software Testing Verification and Validation
- Requirements Engineering and Software Modeling
- Software Engineering Laboratory
- Software Evolution and Program Comprehension
MESW graduates become indispensable professionals to the software industry, coping with size, complexity and market needs and constraints. Portugal needs to able to place its trained professionals at the top of the world’s software industry technical hierarchy.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Computer Sciences Software Engineering View 18 other Masters in Informatics & Information Sciences in Portugal
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Holders of a Bachelor's degree or legal equivalent
- Holders of a foreign higher education degree awarded after a first cycle of studies structured in accordance with the Bologna Process by a State that implemented this process
- Holders of a foreign higher education degree that is recognized as meeting the objectives of a Bachelor's degree by the statutory competent scientific body
- Those with an academic, scientific or professional curriculum recognized as attesting to their ability to carry out the cycle of studies by the statutory competent scientific body
- ID document (Citizen Card /ID Card / Passport) or declaration containing the identification data
- Graduation certificate regarding a higher education degree
- Certificate (Transcript) of the higher education institution listing the curricular units in which you got a passing grade, indicating the regime (semester/year) and the number of credit units/ECTS
- Curriculum vitae
- Letters of recommendation
International6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA2500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2500 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.