What makes a certain place so characteristic? Is it the light, falling in a specific angle through the glass windows? The material and colors of the chairs, tables, curtains, walls, floor? The specific sounds of the room? The touch, the smell of things? The people …? Phenomenological aspects determine the atmosphere of an interior.
Interior at the Master Interior Architecture at Zuyd University of Applied Sciences is no niche, nuance or aspect of architecture, but a fundamental attitude towards the surrounding world. The core of this Master from the Zuyd University of Applied Sciences is the understanding of a place in all its manifestations, before you start to transform it because of changing needs and requirements.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- In the first year you will work in your own atelier, where you fulfill hypothetical assignments and where you evaluate your design process step-by-step with your lecturers. In these assignments you will explore materiality, light, time, scale and composition.
- In the second year you will focus on your thesis and final work piece. Your graduation project is the final master assessment. With this assessment you will proof that you are able to practice the profession. You will position yourself as an interior architect and present you to the outside world so that you can build the foundation for a future career. It also offers the possibility of a critical contribution to the debate on topical issues, and is valuable for the further development of the field.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesArchitecture Interior Design
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
You are admissible if you are a graduate with a Bachelor’s degree in Architectural Design, or another Bachelor’s programme. In addition to this you need to have the desired intake competencies.
AdmissionTo assess if you have the desired intake competencies, we invite you to start the admission procedure. First step is to register in Studielink. We will then invite you to start the admission procedure.
As soon as we receive your application form we will invite you for the admission procedure, which consists of the following steps:
- A preselection based on your letter of motivation, diploma and digital portfolio.
- A motivation interview and evaluation of your portfolio.
- A practical assignment.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International9800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9800 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA2143 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2143 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.