Whether your background is in design or in another discipline, you’ll gain the skills and knowledge you need to develop, test and evaluate innovative design solutions in real-life scenarios. You’ll gain first-hand experience of current needs and trends across a range of sectors, and focus on a large-scale design project within one of the specialisms offered.
This Design course at University of Leeds will equip you with a range of design skills using different media, as well as allowing you to hone your specialist skills in an area of your choice. It will also equip you with advanced skills in research, analysis, teamwork, presentation and communication that will be valuable in a range of careers.
You’ll be well prepared for a career in design practice. You can set up your own freelance business or take up a key position in a design studio, agency or organisation.
- Digital Design Practice
- Research Methods for Design
- Design Thinking
- Design Principles and Applications
- Design Research and Integration
- MA Design Dissertation
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign View 427 other Masters in Design in United Kingdom
A bachelor undergraduate degree with a 2:1 (hons) or higher. Candidates with industry experience or a strong portfolio may be considered with a lower classification.
- In a relevant Design subject. You’ll be required to submit a portfolio of recent practical work.
- In a non-Design subject. We’ll consider your application as long as you can demonstrate a real interest, enthusiasm and flair for design. You’ll need to submit a portfolio or demonstrate research on a relevant topic
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.