The Master's degree in Acoustics , delivered by Ecole Centrale de Lyon, INSA Lyon et Université Claude Bernard Lyon at Université de Lyon , offers training in many areas of acoustics such as sound perception and sound quality, medical ultrasound, aeroacoustics, vibroacoustics, notably with application to air and ground transportation systems.
The training is based on theoretical, numerical and experimental approaches, including projects conducted in our partner research laboratories, and a semester-long placement in an academic laboratory or in a research and development department (R&D) in industry.
After graduation, this program allows students to join a R&D department in industry (transportation, energy, building, health), to become a consultant in acoustics, vibrations, aeroacoustics or medical systems, or to continue with a Ph.D. thesis carried out in a research laboratory or in collaboration with an industrial partner.
Sound perception and sound quality, medical ultrasound, aeroacoustics, vibroacoustics, notably with application to air and ground transportation systems.
Based on theoretical, numerical and experimental approaches, including projects conducted in our partner research laboratories, and a semester-long placement in an academic laboratory or in a research and development department (R&D) in industry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Sound and Sound Propagation
- Signal Processing and Speech Signal
- Fundamentals of Mechanics
- Continuum Mechanics
- Foreign Languague (French and/or English)
- Communication and management
- Numerical Methods for Acoustics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
1st application session: November 22nd 2021 to January 10th 2022 2nd application session: mid-March to mid-April 2022 Applying to the 1st session will make the visa process easier
DisciplinesPhysics Mechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 34 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in France
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in the field of science or engineering, for example Mechanics, Physics, Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering, is required to be eligible for the Master of Science in Acoustics. (According to European Credit Transfer System (ECTS), the minimum number of credits required is 180, which normally corresponds to having completed a three-year Bachelor program.) Furthermore, because lectures are provided in English and French, a good oral and written comprehension in English or French is necessary. Students are then selected upon their motivation and academic record file by the MScAcoustics' Pedagogic Commission.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3770 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3770 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA243 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 243 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA: 243 euros per year
NON-EU/EEA: 3770 euros
Living costs for Lyon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.