For several decades, medical research was tremendously impacted by the emergence of targeted strategies to deliver drugs and imaging probes to specific tissues or cells. The recent advances in both nanomedicines and new molecular imaging tools allowed together the enhancement of the efficiency and the safety of therapeutic treatments owing to a selective drug transport and an early diagnosis of the disease. Nowadays, numerous research programs focus on an innovative approach so-called theranostic approach to develop “all-in-one” healthcare products to treat and follow up the therapeutic response.
The LipTherapI - Innovative Drugs international Master is a high-level training program in the field of innovative strategies for diagnostic and therapeutic applications. Students enrolled in the Masterprogram will acquire a dual skill in molecular imaging and in pharmaceutical nanoengineering. Fundamental concepts are integrated in common core courses taking place throughout the two years of the Master (M1 and M2).
Advanced aspects of imaging and pharmaceutical technologies are addressed as optional units during the second year of the Master (M2) and given by French and foreign health professionals, industrial and academic researchers. Some of lecturers are involved in research excellence programs including the Labex LipSTIC (Lipoprotein and health, prevention and treatment of inflammatory diseases and cancer) and the Equipex IMAPPI (Integrated magnetic resonance and positron emission tomography in preclinical imaging).
The diagnosis-related topics cover the fundamentals of modern functional and molecular imaging techniques and selected medical and industrial applications, along with the chemistry behind imaging agents (molecular probes), drugs and clinically relevant biomarkers.
The nanoengineering part mainly focuses on the biomimetic and biological nanocarriers such as the lipoproteins for the treatment of inflammatory diseases and cancer. Related to the importance of the social impacts of these innovative strategies, some courses are dedicated to communication, security and regulations.
- R&D engineer in pharmaceutical companies
- Technical consulting in the development of nanomedicines and molecular imaging
- Biotechnology engineer
- Clinical imaging engineer
- Hospital or university careers
- Post-graduate studies
- Doctoral degree in pharmaceutics (pharmaceutical technology) or in chemistry
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Refresher courses, technology watch, communication and local culture )
- General pharmacology, regulations and security
- Methodological requirement and new trends in drug discovery
- Basic concepts of pharmaco-imaging and pharmaceutical technology
Optional advanced courses in molecular imaging
- Advanced chemical pharmaco-imaging
- Applications in pharmaco-imaging
- Tutored project
Optional advanced courses in nanoengineering
- Nanovectors in drug and gene delivery
- Nanovectors and lipoproteins
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPharmacy Biotechnology Health Sciences View 13 other Masters in Health Sciences in France
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- For the M1: Validation of a Bachelor’s degree in biology, physics, chemistry or life sciences
- For the M2 :
- Validation of a first full year Master of Science in biology, physics, chemistry or life sciences
- Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm. D.) or Doctor of Medicine (MD) Or a significant professional experience in connection with the program of the Master and after the approbation of the pedagogical committee of the Master.
- The program requires at least a level of English equivalent to B2 on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)..
Living costs for Dijon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.