Are you wondering where to study next year and are you curious about the master’s programme Biobased Materials at Maastricht University? Then visit us and become a Biobased Materials student for a day to see what studying at Maastricht University is all about! Just contact us and we'll make an appointment for you with one of our teachers to get more information about the programme and to see our facilities.
- The master’s programme in Biobased Materials at Maastricht University has:
- Unique way of learning materials science at Master’s level, using Problem-Based Learning and Research-Based Learning
- State-of-the-art laboratory facilities
- Development of both knowledge and skills
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The master Biobased Materials comprises mandatory courses in semester 1. In semesters 2 and 3, students can elect courses that fit their interest and are beneficiary for their academic development. At the end you will do your master thesis research project.
- Biobased Materials
- Process Technology and Engineering
- Molecular biology and physiology of plants and microbes
- Principles of materials science and engineering
- Plant derived Materials & Building Blocks
- Advanced Macromolecular Chemistry
- Applied Materials Science & Engineering
- Biomedical Materials: from implants to regenerative medicine
- Surfaces and Interfaces: Modification and Spectroscopical Analysis
- Nano-science & Nano-technology: Biopolymers & Biocomposites
- Sustainability of Biobased Materials
- Carbohydrates: Monomers & Polymers
- Materials Molecular Engineering: structure-function relationships
- Commercialization & Entrepreneurship
Meet our staff
Find out more about our staff and their courses/research:https://www.maastrichtuniversity.nl/biobased-materials-staff
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A bachelor diploma in one of the fields listed below or equivalent (includes bachelor diplomas from relevant Dutch-HBO/higher vocational education programs; these will need additional approval from the Board of Admissions)
- 15 ECTS (or equivalent) in mathematics at bachelor level.
Relevant fields are:
- Biological studies relevant to the field of biobased materials;
- Polymer science and engineering;
- Biomedical engineering;
- and other bachelor programs related to chemistry and/ or materials.
The admission requirements and the application procedure are explained in detail on our website.
International16800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16800 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA2143 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2143 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.