In current business ecosystems, multinational enterprises and new start-ups around the world are continuously looking for talented graduates with an international mindset and understanding of how to manage innovations and new technologies.
Novel innovations and technology are present in all aspects of modern society and future industries with their digital ecosystems.
In this Global Management of Innovation and Technology (GMIT) programme offered by the LUT University , your studies will focus on engineering management in technology-oriented and innovative firms of different sizes in various sectors.
You will be exposed to concepts that you will need to be an effective manager in a wide variety of areas in a company, ranging from creative design to product development, project management or commercialisation.
During your studies, you will develop critical and innovative thinking and obtain a global business perspective, enhanced communication skills, and technical tools necessary for business decision-making. You will become familiar with the whole process from ideas to innovations to business value.
Close collaboration with industry ensures the practical real-world application of new knowledge and theories. Already during your studies, you will actively collaborate with Finnish companies, particularly in the high-technology industry. The connection with companies during your Master's thesis project will benefit your future career.
After graduation you will have interesting and challenging career prospects.
Global customer-supplier relationships and business networks demand talented young professionals in the management of innovations and technologies, industrial marketing, sales, supply chain management and technology sourcing.
Graduates from this programme have found placement as export managers, key account managers, logistic managers, controllers, analysts, business application specialists, operative purchasers, technology innovation managers, etc.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Core studies include courses on strategic technology and innovation management, strategic entrepreneurship in an age of uncertainty, research methodologies and product development.
- Advanced specialisation studies focus on topics such as open innovations, inventive design and advanced TRIZ.
- Minor studies can be selected from other LUT minor subjects in technology, e.g. bioenergy technology, environmental responsibility, software engineering, circular economy, embedded systems and communication, advanced material engineering, mechanical engineering, chemical and process engineering.
- Elective studies can be selected from any discipline at LUT.
- The Master's thesis is an advanced research project completed during the fourth semester. The Master's thesis requires approximately six months of full-time work.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- The next rolling admission is 1 November 2021 − 31 May 2022.
- The next regular admission is 1 December 2021 − 19 January 2022.
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Management, Organisation & Leadership Innovation Management View 11 other Masters in Industrial & Systems Engineering in Finland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor of Science in Technology OR closely related to Technology - Completed in a University - All Countries
- Bachelor of Engineering - Completed in a University of Applied Sciences - EU/EEA countries
- Bachelor of Science in Economics and/or Business Administration - Completed in a University - All Countries
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Completed in a University of Applied Sciences - EU/EEA countries
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13500 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Lappeenranta
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.