Master in Environment and Natural Resources at University of Iceland is tailored to different student needs in terms of academic background and interests.
The ENR programme is organised jointly by all of the University of Iceland Schools and students graduate from different Faculties, depending on their thesis advisor's home faculty.
The ENR programme consists of:
- core courses
- restrictive electives
- a research thesis.
Students graduate with MA or MS in Environment and Natural Resources.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Science communication and thesis writing
- Introduction to Environment and Natural Resources
- Sustainable Development, Environmental Policy and Resource Management
- Environmental Governance
- Ecology B
- Ethics of Nature
- Renewable energy: introduction
- Energy economics, energy policy and sustainable development
- Interdisciplinary group project within renewable energy
- Sustainable energy options
- Life-Cycle analysis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
Nordic citizens are exempt and may apply for graduate studies until 15 April.
DisciplinesNatural Resource Management Environmental Sciences View 3 other Masters in Natural Resource Management in Iceland
- Online application form
- Curriculum Vitae (CV): submitted online with the application form
- Statement of Purpose: submitted online with the application form
- Transcripts: submitted electronically AND in hard copy
- Two Letters of Recommendation: submitted electronically by the referees OR in hard copy
- English Language Proficiency Requirement
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Students at the University of Iceland do not pay tuition fees, only an annual registration fee of ISK 75,000 (477 EUR)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.