Taught collaboratively by the School of Design and Leeds University Business School – one of the world’s top 100 business schools – you’ll take a creative approach to solving communication problems in advertising and branding. You’ll develop your own practice, collaborate with other designers and gain an enhanced understanding of how design can convey a brand message, using a range of software and techniques.
At the same time, you’ll study advertising research and theory in order to explore the strategic backdrop of brand communications from the blurring of markets to the ways in which digital technology, such as social media and mobile, have changed the relationship between brands and consumers.
This Advertising and Design programme at the University of Leeds will equip you with the knowledge and skills to succeed in a dynamic and expanding sector.
You’ll be a confident strategist, planner, account executive or creative advertiser or designer who also understands the relationship between advertising, brand development and consumers. In addition, you’ll have important skills such as oral and written communication, presentations, research, analysis and commercial awareness.
We’ve designed the programme to prepare you for a range of opportunities working in the creative industries, traditional advertising and design agencies, digital and social media. Alternatively, you may want to explore different elements of advertising and design at PhD level.
Students from this programme have successfully gained employment at both traditional and non-traditional advertising agencies all over the world, and in a wide variety of roles including brand management, marketing and more.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Visual Communication
- Integrated Communication
- Consumer Behaviour
- Marketing Communications
- Global Strategic Marketing
- Media Planning and Strategy
- Creative Direction
- Dissertation - Advertising and Design
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Marketing View 380 other Masters in Marketing in United Kingdom
- A bachelor degree with a 2:1 (hons) or equivalent qualification.
- In exceptional circumstances we may also consider people who don’t have a degree, but do have relevant work experience.
- A copy of your degree certificate and transcripts, or a partial transcript if you’re still studying (including an official English translation if necessary)
- A personal statement in response to the questions asked in the supporting statement section of the application form, which explains why you wish to study this particular course and your future career plans
- Evidence of your English language qualifications, if English is not your first language
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.