Our graduate students have access to a diverse faculty with strong research profiles in a range of areas across the social sciences and humanities. With 50 permanent affiliated faculty and approximately 40 students, students also have the unique opportunity for extensive, individual attention.
The Benefits of Doing an MA in Women and Gender Studies at Saint Mary's University
- Our small program offers the opportunity for close interaction with faculty
- More than 50 faculty members are affiliated with WGST
- We are deeply committed to interdisciplinarity
- We have and encourage strong community links
- Students have the freedom to build the kind of program they want
- Our students study everything from mental health to television, migration studies to queer theory, community activism to literature.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Feminist Theory
- Feminist Methodologies
- Graduate Seminar
- Contemporary Issues of Feminism
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesGender & Sexuality Studies View 22 other Masters in Gender & Sexuality Studies in Canada
- A four year bachelor of Arts degree
- An online application form plus the $110 processing fee (non-refundable)
- A supplemental form (if required by program)
- Official proof of English language proficiency (if required)
- Recommendation Forms
- Official transcripts for all universities and colleges attended
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 (B average)
International12284 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12284 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National5547 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5547 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.