Graduate students in Philosophy from Saint Mary's University quickly become active participants in the life of the department, and regularly participate in local philosophical conferences and colloquia with department members.
The department also offers opportunities for graduate students to be mentored in the theory and practice of teaching their discipline, through classroom observation, participation, curriculum development and delivery, and discussion. Generous fellowships are available, funded by the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research.
The Benefits of Doing an MA in Philosophy at Saint Mary’s
- Small, highly selective program with the promise of close research guidance
- Access to all members of the department
- Graduate fellowship support
- Vibrant and collegial intellectual community
- Teaching mentorship
More informationVisit official programme website
- Argumentation Theory
- Advanced Topics in Applied Ethics
- Feminist Philosophy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics View 38 other Masters in Philosophy & Ethics in Canada
- Honours bachelor’s degree in Philosophy or equivalent
- An online application form plus the $110 processing fee (non-refundable)
- A supplemental form (if required by program)
- Official proof of English language proficiency (if required)
- Recommendation Forms
- Official transcripts for all universities and colleges attended
International16751 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16751 CAD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National7564 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7564 CAD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.