The Occupational Health programme of University College Cork Online integrates occupational health and safety into a multidisciplinary perspective. It offers students the opportunity to study modern cutting-edge scientific concepts and research evidence on causation, prevention and management of work-related accidents, injury and disease. The programme incorporates the following subject areas:
- Public Health & Health Promotion
- Risk Assessment and Management
- Ergonomics & Safety Science
- Occupational Medicine and Hygiene
- Training and Development
- Epidemiology & Environmental Health
Students can then apply this knowledge to practice.
The interactive format of the teaching sessions is conducive to student networking and the sharing of knowledge and practical experience. In several modules students will work with practical case studies, engage in project work, reflective inquiry and discussion.
Skills and Careers Information
- Graduates already working in OSH or Occupational Health can progress in their career and move to higher-level managerial positions (e.g. Health and Safety Manager, Health Promotion Manager, Occupational Health and Wellbeing Manager),
- Graduates who changed their career can move into employed positions in different industries, common job titles: occupational health officer, safety officer, health & safety officer, health and safety coordinator, quality officer, occupational health promotion officer, occupational health and wellbeing officer, environmental health officer, health and safety adviser, environmental health officer and ergonomist. Some of these posts may require further qualifications,
- Graduates can also apply for jobs in regulatory agencies, e.g. as safety inspector,
- Graduates can set up their own Health and Safety or Health Promotion Consultancy Business,
- Others may stay in their current position (e.g. as HR manager, safety engineer, occupational health nurse) and apply their broadened knowledge). The MSc in Occupational Health also offers the opportunity to furhter engage in research in this area and to pursue a PhD.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles and Practices of Occupational Health and Safety
- Occupational Health and Safety Management in the Workplace
- Quantitative Research and Epidemiology
- Occupational Health, Safety and Welfare Law
- Training and Development Issues in Occupational Health
- Risk Assessment and Implementation of Health and Safety Management Programmes
- 20 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Management Health Sciences View 10 other Masters in Health Management in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An NFQ Level 8 honours bachelor degree (minimum Second Class Honours, Grade 2) in a relevant area, for example a health-related field (such as: Public Health, Nursing, Medicine, Environmental Health, Psychology/Behavioural Science, Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy); a business-related field, engineering-related or science-related (such as: Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Science).
- Relevant professional experience or work placement is desirable in an area relevant to occupational health, safety, welfare and wellbeing practice and/or research;
International5700 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9500 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 20 months.
EU/EEA4800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8000 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 20 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.