The programme promotes a non-techno-deterministic, social and ethical reflection on digital communication for future leaders of the field.
DC Lead is also offered in collaboration with the following academic partners:
- University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), United States
- Ghana Telecom University College (GTUC), Ghana
- Universidade Federal do Recôncavo da Bahia, Bresil
- Queensland University of Technology (QUT), Australia
- Journalism School at Fudan University, China
And the following industry partners:
- Teracom A/S, Denmark
- Discovery Communications Inc.
- the European Broadcasting Union (EBU)
- Red Bull Media House GmbH, Austria
More informationVisit official programme website
- Summer Symposium I
- Introduction to Core Competencies I
- Introduction to Core Competencies II
- Theoretical and Methodological Skills
- Digital Communication Theories
- Social Science Research Methods
- Research Project
- Track A, Digital Communication, Policy and Innovation in Europe
- Module 3A: Specialization Module
- EU Media and Communication Policy
- Lecture Series on European Information Society
- Summer Symposium II
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Media Studies & Mass Media Digital Communication View 4 other Masters in Communication Sciences in Austria
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An applicant for admission shall hold the equivalent of an academic bachelor’s degree from a recognized academic higher education institution, corresponding to at least 180 ECTS (6 semesters), or a master’s degree.
- Applicants for the Digital Communication, Policy and Innovation in Europe (track A), should have a Bachelor or Master degree in Mass Communication, Communications, Journalism or Media Studies.
- Candidates with a bachelor or master’s degree in Law, Sociology, Education, Translations or other social science disciplines must have gained competencies in the field of digital communication through work experience to be eligible.
International8600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4300 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA3614 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1807 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
This programme is taught in different countries. Which country are you interested in?
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.