During the Groundwater Management programme of TU Bergakademie Freiberg students will be enabled to work on hydrogeological, hydrological and geochemical questions in both science and applications, such as investigating and developing methods forgroundwater protection, learning water chemistry (field and laboratory methods) and numeric modelling of flow, transport and chemical reactions in aquatic systems. All aspects of groundwater including geothermal use will be taught and applied. Work with data bases and geo information systems is obligatory in order to learn about the administration of geo-scientific data in space and time and about regional planning.
Participants will be enabled and motivated to build up their knowledge by themselves and within teams. They will be trained to assume responsibility as geoscientists and managers.The promotion and improvement of communication, personality and leadership skills will play an important role. Students will also be capable of solving economic and legal questions along with questions related to the weighing of interests from resource conflicts and resource evaluation with modern methods.
- Applied Environmental Management
- Cases & Strategies in Environmental Management
- Geo-scientific communication
- Groundwater Chemistry
- Human Resource Management and Organizational Behavior
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHydrology & Water Management View 16 other Masters in Hydrology & Water Management in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A first university degree (e. G. Bachelor degree) in the field of geosciences
- English language proficiency must be proven by a recognised language certificate
- Application form
- Certified copy of higher education certificate (e.g. Bachelor certificate), if necessary along with an officially attested translations into German or English
- Motivation letter (maximum two pages)
- Up-to-date passport photo
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
- There are no tuition fees
Living costs for Freiberg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.