The Banking and Finance MSc course at King's College London is an innovative course designed to provide you with an in-depth understanding of the finance and banking industry. The programme will also equip you with essential research, analytical and critical thinking skills.
The programme focuses on such areas that have major practical and theoretical application as: investment analysis and management, portfolio creation and management, investment and commercial banking, asset and risk management, mergers and acquisitions, financial derivatives, quantitative financial analysis, taxation and banking regulation.
- You’ll develop a thorough knowledge of commercial and investment banking – as well as the changing structure of the international financial industry.
- At our central London school, you’ll be taught by financial experts with a huge range of industry experience.
- Our latest research informs your course. And we’ll help you turn theory into practice so you can use what you learn in the working world.
- We have an extensive network of contacts from a wide variety of financial organisations. So you’ll have plenty of opportunities to learn from inspiring guest speakers, putting their insider knowledge into practice in real-world scenarios.
Graduates from programmes run previously by the programme directors are highly sought after by investment banks, corporate risk management units, insurance companies, fund management institutions, financial regulatory bodies, brokerage firms and trading companies. Recent employers of these graduates include Capital Investment, Credit Suisse, European Bank for Reconstruction & Development, Fitch Ratings, HSBC and Morgan & Stanley. Some graduates have pursued research degrees in financial mathematics.
- Quantitative Methods for Finance
- Commercial and Investment Banking
- Financial Statements
- Financial Derivatives
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFinance Accounting International Business View 221 other Masters in Accounting in United Kingdom
- Undergraduate degree with high 2:1 honours (i.e. overall average of at least 65% across all years of study) required in a social science related area (e.g. management, economics, finance or other relevant subject) or equivalent overseas qualification. Our programme is most suitable if you have some quantitative background in either finance and/or economics or have a degree with some quantitative elements.
- A personal statement of up to 4,000 characters (maximum 2 pages) is required.
- A copy (or copies) of your official academic transcript(s), showing the subjects studied and marks obtained.
- Two references are required with at least one academic.
International35500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 35500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA35500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 35500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.