Meet faculty members up close, and become part of a community that acquires knowledge through intercultural dialogue.
Develop your research skills through skills training and through exchanges with our (first class) module-supporting research groups. Aim for a thesis that can be published in an international journal.
Enjoy the legal clinic that provides unique opportunities to work on projects together with practitioners.
Make use of the opportunities that studying at the heart of Europe offers to link up with European and international organizations.Make use of our partnerships with excellent universities across the globe, and take one semester abroad.
This Law programme is offered at the University of Antwerp. The programme seeks to attract participants from across the globe, including from the global South. By participating, you will become part of a global network, based in Europe, and establish contacts that will be essential for your future professional career.
The programme prepares participants for practicing law in an international environment, either at home or abroad. The skills courses offered allow you to choose the professional direction you prefer: to work in international organizations, in the private sector or at an NGO, to take on a legal profession, or to work as a lawyer in an interdisciplinary context.
If you are fascinated by scientific research and have enjoyed writing the master thesis, you can consider embarking on a PhD upon completion of the master’s programme to become a researcher.Job opportunities
The programme enables you to work in internationally oriented legal professions, in national ministries, international organizations, multinational companies, NGOs and academia.
The programme will assist you in realizing your ambition, regardless of whether it is to work as:
- a legal advisor in an international oriented company
- an international or domestic civil servant
- a diplomat or a lobbyist
- an educator or a researcher
- a practicing lawyer
This degree is equivalent to the Flemish degree of ‘master in de rechten’. For admission to the legal profession in Belgium, holders must also have a Belgian degree of Bachelor of Laws or qualify under the admission requirements for holders of a non-Belgian law degree.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Law of the European Union
- Constitutional Principles and Human Rights
- Private International Law
- Public International Law and International Enforcement
- Legal Research Methodology
- Empirical Research Methods in Law
- Academic Writing, Oral and Communication Skills
- Global Legal Systems
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesMaster of Laws (LLM) View 7 other Masters in Master of Laws (LLM) in Belgium
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You hold a Bachelor of Laws (academic degree, minimum 180 ECTS).
- by proving that you took classes in English for at least one academic year during your Bachelor or Master degree. The selection committee may require additional proof of your command of English.
- by submitting your results on a TOEFL or IELTS language test, with the following minimum scores:
- paper-based TOEFL: minimum 550
- internet-based TOEFL: minimum 80
- IELTS: minimum total score of 6.5 and minimum score of 6.0 for each individual component
- Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR): minimum B2.
International5800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5800 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA947 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 947 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
In case you register for 60 credits.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.