You’ll gain specialist theoretical and practical knowledge of basic molecular, genetic and biological processes associated with cancer; with an emphasis on the advances in pathology, diagnosis and therapy.
It meets the requirements of potential employers so you’ll develop skills in communication, IT, numeracy, interpersonal/teamwork, self-management and professional development.
Research themes include: analysis of phytochemicals for cancer treatment; development and characterization of novel drug delivery systems; potential of aspirin analogues in the treatment of glioma; use of aptamers as diagnostic and therapeutic agents for brain tumours; and synthesis of bioactive molecules with anticancer properties.
Why study with us
- This Cancer Biology and Therapy programme at University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) is taught by researchers who have published extensively in the field of cancer biology and who have close research links with Brain Tumour North West and the Royal Preston Hospital.
- On successful completion of the taught modules in semester one, you’ll have the opportunity to transfer to the MRes programme.
- You’ll have the opportunity to attend the annual Brain Tumour North West meeting, held in Preston in December each year.
Graduates of the MSc Cancer Biology and Therapy course have gone on to PhD research, working in industry and to further postgraduate study.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cancer and its Management
- Research Methods
- Research Proposal
- Cancer Therapies
- MSc Research Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesBiology Human Medicine Molecular Sciences View 998 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants should have a 2:2 Honours Degree in related area such as biochemistry
- Applications from all candidates will be considered on their merits in the light of the nature and scope of the programme and if they have experience
- A detailed admissions procedure will be forwarded on application
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7100 GBP per year during 12 months.
Part-time UK/EU: £785 per 20 credits
Living costs for Preston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.