The MSc in Maritime Operations Management Liverpool John Moores University programme is informed by ongoing research and links to the industry and, on graduation, you will have the skills you need to secure positions at the highest level within the global maritime industry.
During your studies, you will gain the tools to manage ports, shipping operations, maritime law and maritime safety. You will also visit ports, ships, insurance underwriters, P & I Club and the IMO. Indeed, industrial visits are an important part of the course, enabling you to understand the latest developments in the market and build a network of important contacts.
During your study, you will be offered the opportunity to build industrial and commercial links for projects through guest lectures and industrial visits. There are excellent opportunities for roles such as consultants, managerial positions in shipping companies and the marine insurance industry, ship broking and ship management.
- MSc project
- Legal principles
- Marine insurance
- Maritime business and management
- Maritime finance and economics
- Maritime law
- Operations research
- Preparing for project
- Research skills
- Export trade law
- Global transport systems
- Information management and communication systems
- International trade
- Logistics systems
- Maritime security
- Port administration
- Port business strategy
- Project management
- Supply chain modelling
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Marine Engineering View 1359 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United Kingdom
- An honours degree or equivalent in Maritime, Transport, Logistics, Business, Management or related studies.
- Applicants with an unclassified degree and significant relevant industrial experience may be considered.
- Evidence of experiential learning in the maritime industry, such as a Master Mariner certificate.
- Other qualifications considered by the course team to be of similar academic level to the above.
- a non-UK equivalent qualification
International15600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15600 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7800 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.